Current CAD Collaboration Tools
These collaboration tools are used for both internal and external collaboration, the first one between fellow CAD designers and engineers and the other primarily with non-CAD users.
Internal CAD Collaboration between designers and External CAD Collaboration between designers and non-CAD users
CAD Collaboration ChallengesA better option is the EXXAR Huddle platform offers a cloud-based meeting solution for CAD Collaboration for manufacturers who are globally distributed and working remotely. EXXAR Huddle allows users to instantly collaborate with customers over a secure cloud meeting, allowing them to review and markup the CAD model. Think of it as "Zoom for 3D CAD and design data." EXXAR addresses the key CAD Collaboration challenges faced by the industry:
- Cloud based meeting solution meant for 3D models with both concurrent visual and audio communication.
- Fully authenticated secure access ensures no IT security challenges and enables collaboration without ever actually sharing CAD files
- Multi-user, concurrent collaboration, with each user represented by a personal avatar in an immersive environment
- Independent viewpoints and interaction with the model that allows multiple users to collaborate in real-time.
- Easy to use for both CAD and non-CAD users with 1-click access to host a collaborative meeting
Available only in certain PDM variants with supporting web interfaces like SOLIDWORKS PDM Web2
Mobile data view is a shared screen share view not an independent view
Benefits of CAD Collaboration with EXXAR
With the adoption of virtual reality into the CAD collaboration process, manufacturing companies get better communication of design intent between various internal and external stakeholders including the design team, project managers and customers, with avatars and audio communication, giving the same presence as collaborating in a physical face-to-face meeting. Think of it as mimicking a physical meeting with a physical prototype. EXXAR Huddle is an easy installation and can be deployed in under 10 minutes.
Need to learn more? Request a demo.
Thanks for checking out the Alignex Blog! Make sure to subscribe to have more content like this delivered straight to your inbox.
Written by EXXAR
EXXAR addresses collaborative business communication challenges using AR/VR. With the vision of democratising VR/AR in Enterprise Digital Transformation, EXXAR CAD brings SAAS to the Engineering industry for Immersive & Collaborative Design Reviews.